2022 Available Dates – 5 Nights/6 Days
February 11th – 16th
February 18th – 23rd
February 11 – Depart Thompson by Train (Via rail 1 overnight travel)
February 12 – Arrive in Churchill
February 12 – 14 – Overnights in Churchill
February 15 – Depart Churchill to Thompson by Train
February 16 – Arrive in Thompson
Please contact for available dates.
Travel to and From Thompson can be arranged upon request
Churchill Package Price:
$2,995.95 + taxes /per person based on double occupancy.
– Accommodation in Churchill (The Aurora Inn)
– Pair of either custom Gauntlets or Boots made locally at the Arctic Trading Company
– Dinners in Churchill
– Evening tours at Nights Under Lights
– Dog Sledding
– Town and Area Tour, Snowshoeing
– Museum and Interpretative center visits
– All shuttles
– Travel to and from your point of origin and Thompson
– Breakfasts and lunches (or any meals on the Train)
– Any extra activities in Churchill that are not included in the itinerary
Accommodation: Aurora Inn
Northern owned and operated, The Aurora Inn offers spacious accommodation with northern hospitality. Located within steps of Churchill’s restaurants, bars, shopping and recreation facilities. The Inn’s spacious 2 story loft apartment suites feature a living room and equipped kitchen on the main floor and have a 3 piece bath and a queen size bed or two double beds in the 2nd story loft. They provide ideal setting for families and small groups, business travelers and those in need of extended stays.
Aurora Inn features fully equipped kitchens with complimentary in room coffee and tea, private baths and showers, laundry service, cable T.V with movie station, VCR’s and/or DVD players, 24 hour automated telephone system with voice mail, fax, wireless high speed internet hot spot and high speed public access terminal. The Aurora Inn is wheel chair accessible.
Come and experience an unforgettable adventure in Northern Canada with Nanuk Operations award winning “Nights Under Lights” Aurora viewing tour, and cross off Northern Lights from your bucket list in the process!
Churchill, otherwise known as “The Polar Bear Capital of the World”, is situated perfectly under the Aurora Oval, giving us aurora activity over 300 days of the year. In winter, with our short days and colder temperatures, we have long nights, clearer skies and a better chance at catching the dancing sky.
Our Nights Under Lights package tour offers the best of Churchill in the winter, including evenings at our modern yurt nestled in the boreal forest under a dark sky for Aurora viewing. During the days enjoy Dog Sledding, Hikes, Presentations, Town and Area tours of Churchill and it’s famous sites and explore the town in your down time.
**we cannot guarantee aurora due to solar activity and weather being out of our control. Other tours such as hikes and dog sledding subject to weather conditions.
What you need to bring
– Warm clothing! Winter jacket, pants, good boots, neck warmer, beanie, gloves
(we suggest having thin gloves under mitts so you can remove your hands to manipulate a camera without exposing your skin)
– Extra batteries! The cold will drain your battery life, and because we are off grid and running a eco friendly power system we don’t have much options for charging on site.
Keep on top of your charging in town and make sure your devices and camera batteries are charged before coming out for the evening!
– If you have USB power banks to charge your phone and a USB charger for your camera batteries we suggest bringing these to be prepared!