Packages departure dates starting February 17, 2020
Last departure date starting March 16, 2020
Via Rail Train to Churchill & Fly Back: 7 nights, 8 days
Fly to and from Churchill: 5 nights/ 6 days
February 17 – Depart Winnipeg by Train (Via rail 2 overnight travel)
February 19 – Arrive in Churchill
February 19 – 23 – Overnights in Churchill
February 24 – Depart Churchill by Calm Air flight
Please contact for available dates.
Churchill Package Price:
$2,599.95 + taxes = $2,830.74/per person based on double occupancy.
Single supplement $3,499.90 +taxes = $3,856.63 total package price
Via Rail rates to Churchill:
Seat only: $288.75
Upper Berth: $528.15
Lower Berth: $622.65
Cabin for 1: $798.00
Cabin for 2: 1,197.00
*All meals included in Berth or Cabin pricing
Calm Air flight Churchill to Winnipeg:
*Please note Rail & Flight pricing are subject to availability
– Evening tours at Nights Under Lights camp
– Dinners provided by local restaurants and snacks available during the evening
– Dog Sledding
– Town and Area tour, Hikes
– Museum and Interpretive center visits
– 2 nights Winnipeg Accommodation at the Radisson Hotel (1 prior and 1 after the tour)
– Churchill accommodation at the Aurora Inn
– All shuttles and transfers from the train and to the airport provided
Whats Not Included
– Transportation to and from Churchill
– Alcoholic beverages
– Meals in Winnipeg
– Breakfast & Lunches while in Churchill
– Transport to and from Winnipeg from your point of origin
Come and experience an unforgettable adventure in Northern Canada with Nanuk Operations award winning “Nights Under Lights” Aurora viewing tour, and cross off Northern Lights from your bucket list in the process!
Churchill, otherwise known as “The Polar Bear Capital of the World”, is situated perfectly under the Aurora Oval, giving us aurora activity over 300 days of the year. In winter, with our short days and colder temperatures, we have long nights, clearer skies and a better chance at catching the dancing sky.
Our Nights Under Lights package tour offers the best of Churchill in the winter, including evenings at our modern yurt nestled in the boreal forest under a dark sky for Aurora viewing. During the days enjoy Dog Sledding, Hikes, Presentations, Town and Area tours of Churchill and it’s famous sites and explore the town in your down time.
If you choose to come up on the train, enjoy spending two extra nights searching for Aurora from the special Dome Car, or even the window from the bed in your cabin. During the day enjoy the changing landscape as you head further and further north towards Churchill.
**we cannot guarantee aurora due to solar activity and weather being out of our control. Other tours such as hikes and dog sledding subject to weather conditions.
Accommodation: Aurora Inn
Northern owned and operated, The Aurora Inn offers spacious accommodation with northern hospitality. Located within steps of Churchill’s restaurants, bars, shopping and recreation facilities. The Inn’s spacious 2 story loft apartment suites feature a living room and equipped kitchen on the main floor and have a 3 piece bath and a queen size bed or two double beds in the 2nd story loft. They provide ideal setting for families and small groups, business travelers and those in need of extended stays.
Aurora Inn features fully equipped kitchens with complimentary in room coffee and tea, private baths and showers, laundry service, cable T.V with movie station, VCR’s and/or DVD players, 24 hour automated telephone system with voice mail, fax, wireless high speed internet hot spot and high speed public access terminal. The Aurora Inn is wheel chair accessible.
What you need to bring
– Warm clothing! Winter jacket, pants, good boots, neck warmer, beanie, gloves
(we suggest having thin gloves under mitts so you can remove your hands to manipulate a camera without exposing your skin)
– Extra batteries! The cold will drain your battery life, and because we are off grid and running a eco friendly power system we don’t have much options for charging on site.
Keep on top of your charging in town and make sure your devices and camera batteries are charged before coming out for the evening!
– If you have USB power banks to charge your phone and a USB charger for your camera batteries we suggest bringing these to be prepared!